28 Soothing Gifts For The Person Who’s Always Stressed
They’re far superior to tapping their shoulder and saying “there, there.” 1. A wine/dog subscription box to give everyone a lil’ treat that’ll help blow off some steam. CrateJoy Includes a doggy-delicious drinkable treat, doggy hors d’oeuvres, and a festive dog toy, and for the human there’s 4–6 eclectic items. Perfect for a besties’ night in.
Promising review: “I’m not sure who looks forward to this box more, me or my dog! I have received two boxes so far and have loved every single item inside! Can’t say that for other subscription boxes, and I have tried MANY other subscriptions. My dog is obsessed with the toys that come inside and she loves all the treats! Without a doubt I will have this subscription for a very long time!” — Rebecca
Get it from CrateJoy for $30.17 /month.
2. A squishy brain they can squeeze for some relief when it feels like their eyes are ready to pop out of their head. Amazon Get it from Amazon for $11.99 .
3. Or a litter of squishy animals to scatter around their home, office, and wherever else they can reach ’em quickly when they just want to squeeze out the stress. Amazon Get 12 from Amazon for $10.49 .
4. A ball sack set designed for smacking around and getting out some tension. Amazon Promising review: “Hysterical gift I purchased for a friend when life seemed to just keep kicking her when she was down. She called me laughing when she received it in the mail. Her whole family loved it.” — Melissa K
Get them from Amazon for $14.95 .
5. A spa bath pillow so they can enjoy a relaxing bath without paying for it with neck cramps later. Amazon Provides head, neck, and shoulder support. Made with 2″ of padded foam and has 7 suction cups so it stays in place.
Promising review: “The best….and so damn affordable!! Got it for a close friend for Christmas who loves her bath time and has reported back that it is the absolute best spa pillow she has ever had for her personal tub. She says ‘It never slips, never deflates (cause duh, no air needed), extremely comfortable, easy to install, easy to clean, and helps make bath time what it’s supposed to feel like a relaxing escape’… was definitely a ‘winning’ gift Idea!” — Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $14.99+ (available with two or three panels).
6. A six-pack of bath bombs in a pretty gift box that’ll create a lil’ fizzy action while relaxing in the tub. Amazon Get them from Amazon for $13.99 .
7. Or a CBD-infused bath bomb that could help provide some pain relief for achey muscles. Three Sweet Petites FYI, CBD won’t make you feel “high.”
Get it from Three Sweet Petites for $6+ (available in several styles). Or get the non-CBD version from Three Sweet Petites on Etsy for $3+ (available in several styles).
8. A bottle of lavender room spray to give ’em a break from that loud Hawaiian floral automatic air freshener that’s not putting them at ease. Amazon Sure a Hawaiian floral smells nice, but they could use something a little less invigorating.
Promising review: “This is the second time I have ordered this lavender-scented spray. I use it on linens and refresh them while being used. When I spray my bed linens I am able to relax and fall to sleep more rapidly . The scent is long lasting, which makes it more cost efficient.” — Margaret S
Get it from Amazon for $12.99 .
9. A weighted eye mask packed with cooling beads for a face-conforming fit to shut out the world for a spell. Amazon Promising review: “I have migraines. I got these for that reason but they are nice for sleep, spacing out. These are so nice and comfortable out of the freezer and also at room temp. I have given many of these out as stress reliever gifts to other nurses and techs as a way to disconnect for a few. If they had a 10-pack I would order them just so I had them as spare gifts. I have had several ask where I got them. For a migraine/headache person these are great — no pressure on your eyeballs but the elastic holds pressure just enough to keep me from holding it myself like I often do. The beads inside the mask give just enough cold and pressure without squeezing. Even at room temp the beads are cool. I generally take two Excedrin, put this on, and pass out if my headache is bad.” — NursePicky
Get it from Amazon for $9.09 .
10. A foot massager to help put their old dogs at ease, even if everything else is still stressing them out. Amazon Promising review: “I love this product! I bought it to keep under my desk at work to help relieve stress and keep up circulation throughout the day. The knobs on the rollers hit exactly the right pressure points and it feels wonderful!” — Melissa A. Syphurs
Get it from Amazon for $19.95 .
11. Or a shiatsu-style foot massager for a DEEP massage that’ll make their old dogs purr. Didn’t know dogs could purr? Well they can. Hammacher Schlemmer FYI, all of the items from this store have a lifetime guarantee!
Get it from Hammacher Schlemmer for $259.95 .
12. Soothing lavender pads that’ll stick on their feet and (reviewers say) help them sleep better. Amazon Reviewers also say they can see “toxins” on the pads when they wake up. But TDLR, lavender is an extremely relaxing scent and there are enough reviewers who speak highly of their soothing ability for helping them drift off to sleep, so they’re probably good for that alone!
Promising review: “I did feel more rested the next morning. I would advise wearing socks on the outside after application of foot pads 🙂 One of mine slipped off in the middle of the night.” — garafalo greg
Get 20 patches from Amazon for $15.99 .
If you prefer a bootie foot mask you only leave on for 20 minutes, try out these that I swear by from Sephora for $5 a pair.
13. A Groupon gift card so they can find a local exercise class to help burn off some steam, whether it’s yoga, spin, aerobics, whatever! Tap to play GIF Tap to play GIF Walt Disney Pictures
See, Gonzo looks so peaceful already.
Get a physical or digital gift card from Groupon here .
14. A candle with a fluorite inside, which is meant to bring order and balance to chaos and disorganization. Arabella Crystals / Etsy Get it from Arabella Crystals on Etsy for $26.99 . (FYI, the shop has lots more candles with crystals inside.)
15. And a rose-quartz face roller so they can give themselves a pampering sesh with their go-to face oil. Free People FYI, rose quartz is a soothing and calming crystal. But even if they’re not into crystals, giving yourself a massage with a roller like this just feels nice.
Get it from Free People for $28 or a cheaper version from Amazon for $13.99 .
BTW, here’s a good face oil they can try.
16. An amethyst dildo for some ~good vibes~ if you’re on that level of friendship! Free People Amethysts are meant to promote calmness and peace.
Get it from Free People for $230 .
17. A face mask subscription box that’ll provide some supple relief for their beautiful visage, all without causing them further stress by figuring out which face mask they need atm. FaceTory Get a four-mask box from Amazon for $6.23 for the first box and $8.90 a month for every box afterward.
You can also buy past boxes on FaceTory, including the October box (shown) for $24.95 .
18. An aromatherapy stick to use on the go when lighting a candle just isn’t in the cards. Amazon Get it from Amazon for $9.99 (available in several varieties).
19. An essential oil stick they can keep in their bag in the case of a headache. (One BuzzFeeder swears by it!) Katy Herman / BuzzFeed Read all about why a BuzzFeeder loves it !
Promising review: “OMG, finally something that works! I’ve had tension and migraine headaches for around 20 years. I’ve tried everything: over-the-counter medication, prescription medication, pain injections, going to the chiropractor, etc. This topical oil has given me relief for nearly six weeks now. I’ve only had two or three headaches in that time and they were mild. I’ve already ordered more so I have some in my car and at home, and I bought some for two of my friends who suffer from chronic migraines. I would recommend this product to anyone with migraines — it’s phenomenal.” — Mary D.
Get it from Amazon for $10.99 .
20. Cake-scented slime that’ll occupy their fidgety hands while mulling over a big decisions, like whether to add extra cheese to their Domino’s order. Amazon
Let me make that decision for them. ALWAYS go with the extra cheese ;).
Get it from Amazon for $15.47 . Also check out some rainbow fluffy slime for $11.99 .
21. A morbid patch for the person who doesn’t want any of your soothing mess. Pretty Bad Co. / Etsy Talk about a MOOD.
Get it from Pretty Bad Co. on Etsy for $7.20 . Also check out the matching T-shirt and sweatshirt .
22. A tabletop fountain can add to the soothing vibes *and* decor of their office. Plus they’ll be especially grateful when a tide of stupid emails lands in their inbox. Amazon Lightweight and easy to move. Has a pump and 9-foot cord.
Get it from Amazon for $49.95 (available in several styles).
23. A portable white noise machine that won’t take up too much space, whether it stays put at home or gets tucked into a frequent flyer suitcase. Amazon Has three sound options, including bright white noise, deep white noise, and gentle surf. USB charging.
Promising review: “I travel a lot with work and noisy hotels really stress me out! And unfortunately most hotels are not well soundproofed, so this is why this has become my ‘must pack’ item! It’s small, lightweight, and compact, and although it is not as powerful as the original Dohm, it is great for just covering all that annoying noise you get in hotels — TVs and talking from neighboring rooms, slamming doors, vehicles outside, etc.” — Mark H.
Get it from Amazon for $29.99 (available in three styles).
24. A loose-leaf tea subscription box because nestling a mug of warm tea is one of the most calming things ever and they deserve to do that on the reg. CrateJoy Each box includes 4 teas, 10 grams of each tea in resealable pouches, 4 linen tea filters and information on each tea. This makes 4–5 cups of each tea.
Promising review: “Just received my third box! I love every tea I’ve tried, I had never tried loose leaf tea before but I am never going back! The night time one is my absolute favorite!” — Justine
Get it from CrateJoy for $8+ /month (available in four box types).
25. And a cute dino tea strainer that’ll fit in a mug or pitcher and bring a smile to their face. Amazon Made from dishwasher-safe silicone. To use, fill the bottom half with the tea of your choice, give the top a quick push to the bottom, and let it steep.
Get it from Amazon for $9.97 .
26. Or a whole bundle of honey lavender tea (96 bags total!) you can split up between the two of you or give out to multiple people for gifts because whom amongst us couldn’t use a lil’ stress relief?! Amazon BTW, this tea is caffeine-free, non-GMO, and certified organic.
Get six boxes of 16 bags each (96 bags total) from Amazon for $29.40 .
27. A maternity T-shirt in case the stress is related to the tot pushing against their bladder. Purple Print House / Etsy Get it from Purple Print House on Etsy for $14.48 (available in sizes unisex S–2XL, women’s S–XL).
28. A weighted blanket — it may just be the next best thing to an actual human hug when they need some comfort. Amazon Keep in mind that the weight of the blanket you order should be 7%–13% of your weight. Due to its weight, it’s not necessary to choose an oversized blanket.
Get it from Amazon for $107.90+ (available in 14 colors and 15 weights/sizes).
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.
Also check out these gift ideas they’ll love! 40 Korean Beauty Gifts You’ll Probably Want To Buy For Yourself Too
43 Photo Gifts They’ll Adore Beyond Words
35 Gifts For Anyone Who’s Hard To Please
If Anyone Asks You What You Want This Holiday Season, Just Send Them This List
Looking for the perfect gift for any occasion? Check out all of BuzzFeed’s gift guides! Allison Krausman / BuzzFeed